Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SPR Events - Wedding Planner | Vendor Feature | 2.2.16 | Jacksonville Wedding Photographer

*~*~*~*~*~*~ Wedding Vendor Feature *~*~*~*~*~*~



This week I am featuring a fabulous wedding planner, Staci Reid of SPR Events! Staci had an interest in planning parties from a very young age, and pursued her passion throughout her life and started a business of her own!
Check out her interview below!

SPR Events
Staci Reid
Location: 5711 Bowden Road, Suite 2, Jacksonville, Fl 32207 
Catering to: North East Florida and South East Georgia
Email: staci@spreventsjax.com
Website
Blog
Facebook
Instagram @staciporterreid | #spreventsjax

photo by: Clara Faye Photography


QWhen did you first launch your business and why?
A: I planned my first wedding in 2004 at the age of 19, but planning didn't start there.  I was planning my birthday parties from at least the age of 5, and every year thereafter.  My official business launch date, though, was July 27, 2012.  In January 2015, we expanded the company, and knew it was time to give it a new name and new look, so, on the 3rd anniversary of my first planning company, it's all in the details, we re-branded, launched as SPR Events.

Q: What made you want to work in the wedding industry?
A: Like I mentioned before, I have always been a planner and have had an eye for the details.  I was the 12 year old at the Public Library counter checking out bridal magazines.  Becoming a wedding planner was a natural fit for me. It started small, more of a hobby, and has now grown to more than I ever imagined.

Q: Have you had any celebs come through the door?
A: Not celebrities, but I have planned wedding for brides coming as far as Australia, Hawaii and all across the US.

Q: What styles/trends were big in 2015?
A: 2015 has been the year of burlap, lace and baby's breath, for me.  Rustic, County, Rustic Elegance, Rustic Glam and Vintage have all been very popular trends with my brides this past year.  The colors have been more in the neutral tones with the occasional pop or a bright coral, teal or mint green.

Q: What styles/trends do you predict will be big in 2016?
A:  Things have definitely taken a turn for the more glam looks - metallics, pinks, sequins and all things glitter have started taking center stage.  The designs are becoming more simple, clean lines and very elegant looks, where lush greenery is replacing the baby's breath.  Farm house tables are replacing the burlap table runners and heavy linens.  It's a nice change!

Q: What's your favorite part of planning/coordinating weddings?
A: I love it when all of the hard work, late nights, hundreds of emails and panicked phone calls, all come together in a big pretty bow that's been tied together just perfectly.  When at the end of a 14+ hour day, a bride comes to you, hugs your neck and tells  you that her wedding was more than she ever imagined it would be, you know you've done your job, and it is so, so very rewarding.

Q: What makes YOUR business and talent unique?
A: SPR Events isn't just a planning company.  We truly are full service, and we're bringing a full team with us.  We're not going to help you all year long plan your wedding and then just show up and tell people where things are supposed to go and how they're supposed to be done.  We are completely hands-on on the wedding day and won't stop until your vision has been executed exactly how you wanted it!

Q: How do you envision your business growing and/or changing in the next 5 years?
A: The next 5 years?  Wow!  Had you asked me this question 5 years ago, I never would have imagined it would be where it is now.  In the next 5 years - the sky is the limit!  Some of my future goals include adding on at least 1 additional, full time, planner and be in our own store-front; instead of 34 weddings in a year, doing 68 with a full staff for every wedding; and who knows, maybe opening that venue I've been designing for at least the last 10 years!

Q: Do you have any funny, business/wedding related stories to share?
A:  I think I say it at least once every wedding I do, that I should write a book!  There are SO many funny things that happen behind the scenes that you really just can't make up.  I think one of the funniest and fun moments we've experienced has been at the end of the night, the Bride, Groom and most of the bridal party decided the party wasn't over and continued the party in the pool at the inn they were staying at... in full wedding attire.  Thanks to their awesome photographers (IRROK Photography) we made the initial jump a photo op, and captured it on camera.  The photo is below! 




photo by: IRROK Photography


Q: What is your biggest challenge on the average wedding day?
A: There are so many moving parts on a wedding day, and my type A personality sometimes finds it hard to delegate certain parts of the day to my team.  When you work for so long on a design, it's hard to not try and have your hands in all of it.  I have an amazing team though, and they really do allow me to focus on my couple and coordinating all of the vendors, while they handle the other stuff.

Q: Do you travel and/or accommodate out of state couples, or do you only do local weddings?
A: In the past year, we've planned weddings for couples that came to Florida from as far as Australia, Hawaii, Missouri, Philadelphia, California and Colorado.  This year we have a destination wedding in Savannah and a couple others outside of the immediate Jacksonville area.  So yes, we can accommodate any bride, in any location.

Q: What was the most unique wedding you've helped plan?
A: Thankfully I have been blessed with some VERY creative and fun brides.  They come to me with some crazy ideas and we help them bring their vision to life.  So far we've done a dinosaur wedding, a pirate wedding that took place on an actual pirate ship, and we're just finishing up a Hobbit themed wedding... oh and don't forget the armadillo cake (yes, like Steele Magnolias)!

Q: What advice do you have for brides & grooms-to-be?
A: As cliche as it may sound - enjoy the process.  There's no reason to stress!  Hire a planner (not just a day of coordinator or venue coordinator) to help you throughout the process, and utilize the resources they have to offer.  Above all, though, my number one tip I give all my couples is to hire professional vendors.  You only get to do this day one time, and it's not worth risking your special moments by hiring non-licenses or uninsured vendors.  And remember, at the end of the day, as long as you remembered to get your marriage license, you will be married!  Don't focus on what might go wrong, focus on the reason you're there in the first place, and the people who love you that are there to support you in the next chapter of your life!

Table set up photo by: IRROK Photography
Seating Assignments photo by: Jenn Guthrie Photography

Mr. & Mrs. {chairs} photo by: IRROK Photography
Center Piece photo by: Jenn Guthrie Photography












2 comments:

  1. I remember a time when I was still a wedding planer, it is exciting yet stressful.
    Los Angeles Wedding Planner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post..

    The Event Affairs wedding planners in India always deliver to the best services for your wedding and also suggest fantastic locations within your budget.

    ReplyDelete